Let’s talk summertime. Some things we like: ice-cream trucks, no school, lazy work days, walking out without needing a sweater, sundresses, Sam Edelman’s Gigi sandal, flowers, Cape Cod, that supple green foliage everywhere you go!, beaches, tan-lines, and the salty air. Things we love: thunderstorms. Those that seem so ominous and foreboding at the time but somehow always end by 8 pm, allowing just enough time for a breathtaking après-storm sunset, yielding results as pictured above. When I think wistfully back at summer in the dead of a biting New England winter, that is what usually comes to mind.
Photos: Shrewsbury, taken from the evening of June 2, 2013
- Picking flowers from my mother’s garden and placing them in vases all over the house
- Laughing so hard my teeth chatter
- A good workout followed by a cool-down swim
- Brunch out on the Black Diamond Cafe patio
- Walking around without shoes
- Discovering hidden gems of the sleepy town of Shrewsbury
- Joy rides and satisfying late-night munchies with friends
- Salty air-dried hair (courtesy of the natural elements of the ocean)
What are some things that make you feel good?
Love Splashing Barefoot in Summer Rain!
SUMMER: a time when shoes are rarely necessary and music comes from the light breeze, rustle of leaves and birds chirp from the open window